I have completed a special release of LinuxGSM to add Valheim to the list of supported servers. This is because Valheim has just been released as early access and have been getting requests for it. Since a LinuxGSM release is around once a month I thought it was a good idea to do this.
? New Features
- newserver : Valheim (#3212)
? Bug Fixes
- backup: resolve issues with lockfile check and creation (#3214)
Hello everyone, LinuxGSM continues to grow and improve all the time.
Over the past few months, I have seen steady growth in engagement from people both trying out LinuxGSM for the first time and existing users helping out on discord.
Looking at the stats it appears that there has been a sharp uptake of Rust servers meaning it is now the #1 most popular game server on LinuxGSM, overtaking ARK and CS:GO. All stats can be viewed on the website.
With the recent addition of discussions to GitHub I decided to lock both the forum and the steam group in favour of keeping things together on GitHub rather than using several services. So if you have any non-development related questions please check out discussions (or discord).
This release sees some awesome new features and 3 game servers added, Vintage Story, Colony Survival and SCP: Secret Laboratory. New secret configs that allow you to separate and exclude sensitive info from other configs.
check-update command that will simply inform you that an update is available and not apply the update. This is useful for some servers that have to wait for mods before updating.
An annoyance within LinuxGSM configs that meant the start parameters were kept in a function
fn_parms has now been resolved. You will now see start parameters within
_default.cfg simply listed as
startparameters="". Backwards compatibility should mean custom settings should continue to work. Work also continues to migrate settings into _default.cfg making it easier to release new game servers.
There are plenty of bug fixes as well, with a big fix for Minecraft users allowing java ram to be correctly allocated. Rust users have further fixes applied to the wipe command.
For the full list of changes please check out the changelog below.
GitHub sponsors matching has now ended so I wanted to thank everyone who has (and continues) sponsored me over the past year (especially as it has been tough year for many). All sponsors will be messaged soon about the general plans and direction for 2021.
If you are a fan of LinuxGSM and want to sponsor me please check out the sponsor page. If you use PayPal, people often leave me a message which I always enjoy reading. It is always great to hear how you are using LinuxGSM with your Clan or Community.
? New Features
- config: add secrets config to store sensitive settings (#3080) by @dgibbs64
- newserver: Colony Survival (#3075) by @h3o66
- skeleton: New command skeleton (#3152) by @dgibbs64
- check-update: add new command check-update for steamcmd game servers (#3146) by @h3o66
- refactor check_config removing some game specific code (#3160) by @dgibbs64
- newserver: Vintage Story (#3156) by @h3o66
- newserver: SCP: Secret Laboratory (#3163) by @h3o66
- dev: add libc++.so.1 for dependency detection (#3181) by @h3o66
- steamcmd: set platformtype for steamcmd in the default config for the game server (#3167) by @h3o66
- improved start parameters system (#3151) by @h3o66
- arma3: change binary to 64bit by @h3o66
? Bug Fixes
- stop: stop will clear tmux text before entering stop command (#3142) by @unknowntrojan
- update: redo steamcmd update part for new behavoir (#3139) by @h3o66
- bmdm: add missing dependency ncurses libs (#3138) by @h3o66
- minecraft: fix java ram assignment (#3147) by @h3o66
- steamcmd: retries are not honoured if install succeeds (#3155)
- gmod: update link for wiki page (#3165) by @h3o66
- steamcmd: fix branch switch (#3168) by @h3o66
- rust: server config text change for rcon (#3175) by @h3o66
- steamcmd: remove unused parameter (#3170) by @h3o66
- rust: wipe command does not wipe all sav files (#3183) by @h3o66
- pvr: add new dependency (#3180) by @h3o66
- inss: fix config to only use parameter (#3179) by @h3o66
- steamcmd: fix update on start not starting the server (#3169) by @h3o66
- steamcmd: add dependency SDL 32bit for debian and ubuntu (#3186) by @h3o66
- stop: change csgoserver stop mode (#3171) by @h3o66
- ut2k4server: better parsing of the serverconfig (#3192) by @h3o66
- wipe: resolve random seed not working (#3190) by @h3o66
- core: add new functions for github releases (#3164) by @h3o66
- alert: cleanup and remove unused variables (#3195) by @h3o66
- backup: fix backup not correctly exiting on cancelling backup (#3197) vt @dgibbs64
- standardise and refactor comment headers (#3198) by @dgibbs64
- install: fix menu missing first server off list (#3196) by @dgibbs64
- review and tidy up of various _default.cfg files by @dgibbs64
- update: non-steam updates to not always require restarting if stopped by @dgibbs64
Hello, this release has been a big one with many bugs fixed and a long term feature request added, with this release focusing on improving the quality of existing servers rather than adding several new ones. Firstly the newest server added for this release is Jedi Knight II. Improvements include adding Rust wipe custom map support, Rocket.chat support, new info about console interactions.
The biggest new feature is removing the requirement for servers with multiple IP addresses to manually enter an IP address the game server will bind too into config or parameter. This change will further improve automation, simplify installation and configuration.
A whole bunch of bug fixes have been completed thanks to contributions from volunteers, specifically from Christian who has been sifting through the issues list and clearing off many annoyances that I haven’t had the time to address. Highlights include fixing Soldat install infinite loop, improvements to steamclient.so handling, reworking Eco after a major update, updating Squad system directory, fixing Wurm server startup failure, updating several mod links so they work again and a whole bunch of other behind the scene fixes and code refactors.
There is still some documentation and the website to update but I hope you all enjoy the new release.
I have also been actively working on the LinuxGSM docker container to both improve my knowledge and create a stable working container. Some of the improvements in LinuxGSM will go towards the goal of finally getting a decent official docker image. There is still plenty of work ahead with the container but it is moving in the right direction.
? New Features
- details: change master server to state listed or not listed (17a07e2) by Daniel Gibbs
- console: allow console to state if verbose and/or interactive (#3000) (67333ff) by Daniel Gibbs
- newserver: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (#3002) (eb9e5a9) by Daniel Gibbs
- remove requirement to input IP (#3015) (33eb01b) by Daniel Gibbs
- rustserver: add rust custom map support (#3017) (c267953) by P4R4NORM4L
- various improvements to steamclient.so related messages and issues (#3040) (358e34d) by Daniel Gibbs
- alerts: add rocket.chat and alerts refactor (#3051) (ee515b7) by Daniel Gibbs
- fix: move steamclient.so fix to a seperate function (a6d564c) by Christian
? Bug Fixes
- solserver: resolve install infinite loop (#2990) (424af4f) by Daniel Gibbs
- awk to properly grab the server pid when spaces are present in the session name (#2997) (db4d3cc) by Ryan Walters
- ahlserver: correct game name to use capitals (f3b6d56) by Daniel Gibbs
- resolve steamcmd outputting the same messages to logs (#3011) (af783e2) by Daniel Gibbs
- csserver: fix missing steamclient.so (#3030) (fa5a668) by Christian
- fctrserver: fix and improve fetching info from config file (#3031) (37fda0f) by Christian
- pzserver: fix missing steamclient.so (#3029) (cb03c16) by Christian
- config: add pushoveruserkey to all configs (#3028) (6102c28) by Christian
- ecoserver: updates for Eco 0.9.0 (#3024) (2c4e414) by Christian
- arkserver: add admin and connect password to details (#3033) (54b20d5) by Christian
- eco: display correct values in display and fixup (#3034) (4d587e3) by Christian
- squad: move systemdir to new location (#3036) (9e7ce43) by Christian
- mods: change url to new domain for oxide + redo last version fetch (#3037) (a99cc53) by Christian
- sdtdserver: config parsing for the port (#3007) (1bd8194) by Christian
- untserver: fix steamclient.so issue (#3038) (c205e26) by Christian
- untserver: remove mono-complete requirement and fix query port (#3039) (d9690f8) by Daniel Gibbs
- sdtdserver: fixes to sdtd (#3041) (d961b05) by Daniel Gibbs
- mods: fix csgo get5 fetching for the latest version (e4db2a6) by H3o66
- fctrserver: add bind parameter for Factorio server (#3045) (4f42e70) by Christian
- wurm: fix server startup for wurm and dependency (#3046) (7fe9929) by Christian
- mcb: update fails, as the site does a redirect and does not follow (#3047) (8e4d7ae) by Christian
- mod: csgo pug fix var not set (#3053) (47a02e8) by Christian
mods: add csgo pug to the modlist (#3044) (647beb5) by Christian