? New Features
- mods: add Stripper:Source to the modlist (#3070) (0ff4305) by Christian
- remove support for Serious Sam 3 and Goldeneye: Source (#3078) by Daniel Gibbs
- allow forks to use master branch (#3073) (a75ce42) by Max Vaessen
- new server: pvrserver (#2384) by Christian
- mods: metamod/amxmodx for goldsrc engines (#3104) by tkrn
- ut99server: update UT99 to version 469a (OldUnreal patch) (#3110) by Daniel Gibbs
- mcserver: select Minecraft release or snapshot (#3114) by Josh Bryans
- add version and port details to lockfile (0b38915) by Daniel Gibbs
? Bug Fixes
- details: Barotrauma will show as needing to be edited in game config (#3085) (5d7ff92) by Christian
- btserver: add dependency check for libicu (#3083) by Christian
- bf1942: add missing dependency to checks for libncurses5:i386 (#3098) (e8a7118) by Christian
- bf1942: servername parsing (#3096) (bb78ee3) by Christian
- deps: change ubuntu 20.10 to use lib32gcc-s1 (#3094) by Christian
- add connect timeout to core curl functions (#3117) (269bf6e) by Christian
- samp: fix config change after installation (#3119) by Christian
Hello, this release has been a big one with many bugs fixed and a long term feature request added, with this release focusing on improving the quality of existing servers rather than adding several new ones. Firstly the newest server added for this release is Jedi Knight II. Improvements include adding Rust wipe custom map support, Rocket.chat support, new info about console interactions.
The biggest new feature is removing the requirement for servers with multiple IP addresses to manually enter an IP address the game server will bind too into config or parameter. This change will further improve automation, simplify installation and configuration.
A whole bunch of bug fixes have been completed thanks to contributions from volunteers, specifically from Christian who has been sifting through the issues list and clearing off many annoyances that I haven’t had the time to address. Highlights include fixing Soldat install infinite loop, improvements to steamclient.so handling, reworking Eco after a major update, updating Squad system directory, fixing Wurm server startup failure, updating several mod links so they work again and a whole bunch of other behind the scene fixes and code refactors.
There is still some documentation and the website to update but I hope you all enjoy the new release.
I have also been actively working on the LinuxGSM docker container to both improve my knowledge and create a stable working container. Some of the improvements in LinuxGSM will go towards the goal of finally getting a decent official docker image. There is still plenty of work ahead with the container but it is moving in the right direction.
? New Features
- details: change master server to state listed or not listed (17a07e2) by Daniel Gibbs
- console: allow console to state if verbose and/or interactive (#3000) (67333ff) by Daniel Gibbs
- newserver: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (#3002) (eb9e5a9) by Daniel Gibbs
- remove requirement to input IP (#3015) (33eb01b) by Daniel Gibbs
- rustserver: add rust custom map support (#3017) (c267953) by P4R4NORM4L
- various improvements to steamclient.so related messages and issues (#3040) (358e34d) by Daniel Gibbs
- alerts: add rocket.chat and alerts refactor (#3051) (ee515b7) by Daniel Gibbs
- fix: move steamclient.so fix to a seperate function (a6d564c) by Christian
? Bug Fixes
- solserver: resolve install infinite loop (#2990) (424af4f) by Daniel Gibbs
- awk to properly grab the server pid when spaces are present in the session name (#2997) (db4d3cc) by Ryan Walters
- ahlserver: correct game name to use capitals (f3b6d56) by Daniel Gibbs
- resolve steamcmd outputting the same messages to logs (#3011) (af783e2) by Daniel Gibbs
- csserver: fix missing steamclient.so (#3030) (fa5a668) by Christian
- fctrserver: fix and improve fetching info from config file (#3031) (37fda0f) by Christian
- pzserver: fix missing steamclient.so (#3029) (cb03c16) by Christian
- config: add pushoveruserkey to all configs (#3028) (6102c28) by Christian
- ecoserver: updates for Eco 0.9.0 (#3024) (2c4e414) by Christian
- arkserver: add admin and connect password to details (#3033) (54b20d5) by Christian
- eco: display correct values in display and fixup (#3034) (4d587e3) by Christian
- squad: move systemdir to new location (#3036) (9e7ce43) by Christian
- mods: change url to new domain for oxide + redo last version fetch (#3037) (a99cc53) by Christian
- sdtdserver: config parsing for the port (#3007) (1bd8194) by Christian
- untserver: fix steamclient.so issue (#3038) (c205e26) by Christian
- untserver: remove mono-complete requirement and fix query port (#3039) (d9690f8) by Daniel Gibbs
- sdtdserver: fixes to sdtd (#3041) (d961b05) by Daniel Gibbs
- mods: fix csgo get5 fetching for the latest version (e4db2a6) by H3o66
- fctrserver: add bind parameter for Factorio server (#3045) (4f42e70) by Christian
- wurm: fix server startup for wurm and dependency (#3046) (7fe9929) by Christian
- mcb: update fails, as the site does a redirect and does not follow (#3047) (8e4d7ae) by Christian
- mod: csgo pug fix var not set (#3053) (47a02e8) by Christian
mods: add csgo pug to the modlist (#3044) (647beb5) by Christian
This release sees two new servers added the classic Battlefield: Vietnam and space survival Memories of Mars. Ark as seen support for the Epic store added and the optional ability to create your own save directory. Rust has seen its wipe command updated so no input is required anymore making it easier to use with a cron. The Rust console also will now have an output and Rust + support added. The way LinuxGSM uses SteamCMD has improved and will now catch errors and advise on the error, plus the beta password option has been added for custom branches. A whole bunch of other improvements and fixes can be seen below.
Last months drive to get more sponsors was a massive success and all Sponsors got their gift card in time for the summer sale and picked up a few bargains. Thank you to everyone who continues to support the project.
- new server: Battlefield: Vietnam (#2909) (f2f8063) by ttocszed00
- newserver: Memories of Mars (#2911) (5550303) by ttocszed00
- arkserver: add support for epic store players. (#2947) (276419f) by Daniel Gibbs
- arkserver: add altsavedirectoryname to allow custom save location (#2948) (af4e07e) by Daniel Gibbs
- ut2k4server: update release to 3369.3 (#2952) (f6a9070) by Daniel Gibbs
- steamcmd: refactor how SteamCMD server downloads are handled (#2959) (be0c448) by Daniel Gibbs
- update: add betapassword option for custom steamcmd branches (#2962) (e5ee945) by Daniel Gibbs
- stop: add end option to graceful stop (#2963) (a3da62f) by Daniel Gibbs
- details: add appid and branch password to details (#2964) (f020669) by Daniel Gibbs
- rustserver: add support for Rust + app (#2965) (a941499) by Nathan
- rustserver: console now has an output (#2966) (4861d13) by Daniel Gibbs
? Bug Fixes
- update-lgsm: will force check_version.sh to download (d908637) by Daniel Gibbs
- details: fix if typo in starbound details (#2929) (56b87ef) by ttocszed00
- avserver: fix post install for Avorion #2925 (#2928) (8ebeac9) by Christian
- query: query_gamedig.sh tuning for correct player count (#2913) (dc70753) by Jimmy Maple
- bf1942server: alter query type to protocol-gamespy1 (#2932) (a40bdf3) by Daniel Gibbs
- tf2server: remove libtcmalloc-minimal4:i386 and gperftools-libs.i686 (#2950) (7208626) by Daniel Gibbs
- debian 11: change name of lib32gcc1 to lib32gcc-s1 for debian 11 (#2951) (1d57607) by Daniel Gibbs
- info: gather external ip from ipify.org instead of ifconfig.co (#2953) (8462086) by Daniel Gibbs
- hard lock reference (#2956) (a41f388) by Daniel Gibbs
- rustserver: refactor wipe so no input is required (#2958) (8316d87) by Daniel Gibbs
- update: allow steamcmd to check for updates on beta branches (#2960) (edacc33) by Daniel Gibbs
- details: suppress jq error (6508caa) by Daniel Gibbs
- log: allow logs to correctly display primary command (#2969) (d327e93) by Daniel Gibbs
As a thank you to existing sponsors and to encourage new sponsors for the month of June anyone who sponsors $10 or above on GitHub sponsors will receive a £10 ($12.20 approx) steam gift card.
Update: Since this has been quite popular I am adding another gift card amount to help out with the upcoming summer sale, anyone who sponsors $25 or more will receive a £25 ($30.50 approx) gift card.
- Steam gift cards are in pound sterling as I am British. Steam will convert to your local currency.
- Anyone who is an existing or new GitHub sponsor in June will be able to claim a Steam Gift card.
- Gift cards will be sent out on the first week in July (around the steam summer sale time).
Any existing Patreon’s who want to claim a steam gift card should move to GitHub sponsors. This is because GitHub sponsors currently have a matching fund and no platform and payment fees meaning I currently receive 200% of your sponsorship.
If you move to GitHub sponsors your role will be removed from Discord. Simply mention me and I can re-apply it or you can remain on the $1 tier on Patreon or use Donate Bot.
Why are you doing this?
GitHub sponsors is a new sponsorship platform that does not have any platform fees and is currently matching any sponsors for the first year, so any donations made by you is matched by GitHub. Because of this, it allows me to give something back to sponsors in the form of steam gift cards.
How do I claim my Steam Gift Card?
Join the LinuxGSM discord and request the Sponsor role from @DanGibbs. Fill out a form that is available to sponsors on Discord in the channel #steam-gift. During the first week of July, I will add you do my friend’s list and send you the steam digital gift card.