This update includes 3 new supported game servers, Last Oasis, Survive the Nights and Day of Dragons. There have also been significant refactoring of the info and dependency modules. Although a huge amount of difference should be noticed to you the changes make it much easier to add and update game servers.
With the info refactor a lot of work has been done to check each game servers port info is as accurate as possible meaning you will see improved port info in details with the ability to see if the port is listening.
For dependency refactor I have created a new system that uses csv files to get dependency requirements. Making them easier to add and update and less likely to be incorrect. This will also make it easier to add support for other distos.
For the popular server, Valheim support for installing Valheim Plus has been added. Along with other most for Gmod and CS:GO.
Why did this Release take so Long?
I normally try to complete releases every couple of months. However, this year has been different. As some of you may know I recently got a new job, moved back to where I grew up and am in the process of buying a house. There has been a significant change in my life over the past year meaning development had temporarily slowed. It has been a very positive and busy year for me.
The other reason has been the code refactoring that although is vital for the future of the project (see technical debt), is slow going. But as this work is done it improves the development process for myself and others and improves the quality of LinuxGSM.
Thank you to everyone who has supported this release by either contributing code, sponsoring me or helping others. Without the support of the LinuxGSM community, the project would not be where it is today.
? New Features
- newserver: Last Oasis (#3565)
- newserver: Survive the Nights (#3427)
- newserver: Day of Dragons (#3351)
- info: refactor info modules (#3428)
- install: dependency refactor (#3568)
- alerts: add Gotify support to alerts (#3509)
- stats: allow stats on which alerts are being used (#3550)
- vh: add support for Valheim Plus mod (#3346)
- mods: Added Dhooks, Movement API and Cleaner for GOKZ (#3511)
- mods: More Gmod addons utilising the installer (#3401)