A new release of LinuxGSM introduces Wurm Unlimited as the latest server addition.
- New Server: Wurm Unlimited #1460
- Details no longer exit if no ip is set #1385
- Codacy is now used to check the code state
- arkserver: now uses defaultmap var
- csgoserver: Wingman mode added to config #2027
./csgoserver install as root will run a dependency check #2017
- Ubuntu: LinuxGSM Will check that universe repo is active
- svenserver: Updated dependency requirements #2029
- mumbleserver: now uses tmux for status check #1892
- mcserver: can now be queried with monitor #1955
- mumbleserver: can now be queried with monitor
- post details and details now match ip addresses #1857.
- unreal engine servers requiring restarts on install work again
- fixed numfmt error #2005
- details: master server details will only be gathered if
jq is installed
- csgoserver: Mods added GOKZ and Trouble in Terrorist Town
- Factorio: Improvements to updater #1933
- ts3server: improvements to updater #1931
- fixed ansi colors not displaying correctly #2006
- [ut2k4server] adds Escape characters to server config #1448
- added .gtattributes file to ensure crlf line endings
- use branch name while checking for updates 9d005b0
The following servers are currently broken due to dependency issues.
- Serious Sam 3
- Goldeneye: Source
A new release of LinuxGSM introduces Post Scriptum as the latest server addition.
- New Server: Post Scriptum #1911
- Details will now list if the server is on the steam master server #1847 (where applicable)
- Added option to disable ANSI colours
- Fix #1949
- Rust: refactor of wipe command
- Rust: Added wipeall command #1830
- Details will no longer exit if IP is not set
- Gmod: Removed +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 as no longer required #1846
- Added jq to minecraft requirements
- Non-English locale in Arch Linux #1970
- Issues Bots Added – Bots have been added to assist with issue management.
- Lock-Threads Bot – Closed issues that are inactive for 1 year are locked.
- No-Response Bot – Issues labelled “waiting response” will be closed after being inactive for 30 days.
- Potential Duplicate Bot – Identifies if an issue is a possible duplicate.
- Request Info Bot – Issues labeled “needs more info” will give a link to the support guide.
- Wrong Forum Bot – If issue is labeled “wrong forum” it is closed and message pointing to the support page is displayed.
- Welcome Bot – A welcome message for first time posters
- Telegram proxy settings added useful for countries like Russia where Telegram is blocked #1901
- New Server: Eco
- New Server: BrainBread
- New Server: Natural Selection
- New Server: Vampire Slayer
- Fixed: Missing Discord alert icon
- Fixed: Major cleaning of tmux handling 01919f2#diff-48450d6989748f731105ccb82bdcf9e6
- Fixed: post-details not updating info after first use
- Fixed: post-details displaying api and gslt info
- Fixed: Standardised the steam workshop variable names
- New Mods added to mods-list
- Fixed: gamedig no longer decides the query port (LinuxGSM decides)
- Update: sourcemod to version 1.9
- Update: Check dependencies added mono and improved code
- Fixed: #1779 Cannot find python dependency when python is installed.
- Fixed: Added Serious Sam 3 Fix https://steamcommunity.com/app/41070/discussions/0/353916981477716386/
- Update: Changed to how RAM is displayed in details
- Update: Improved distro detection
- Fixed: Various bug fixes
- Fixed: Added nogui to minecraft params
- Update: now using linuxgsm.sh domain to download LinuxGSM script
I have been playing with Vagrant recently and have created a basic Vagrant file that will setup a VM ready to deploy any LinuxGSM game server. For those that know about Vagrant know its great at quickly creating virtual environments in a specific way. Eliminating the requirement to manually install a VM.
Vagrant is a tool for building and managing virtual machine environments
Vagrant will download Ubuntu 16.04, install dependencies and download linuxgsm.sh ready to install a game server of your choice.
This could be very useful for people who want to quickly setup a game server on there local PC for LAN use or testing.
The Vagrantfile is still very basic and early development so its not recommended for production servers.
I am still learning about Vagrant so if there are any Vagrant experts/enthusiasts that want to assist in improving the LinuxGSM Vagrantfile please let us know and submit any pull requests.
For more info visit the GitHub Repo and the Vagrant website for a getting started guide.
LinuxGSM now supports node-gamedig query tool.
This allows live info to be added to details such as players, current map and bots. node-gamedig can also be used with monitor instead of gsquery.
node-gamedig is currently optional and not required to run LinuxGSM.
We will be looking at further uses for node-gamedig in the future.
to install you need to install Node.js 6.0 or higher and jq.
apt install nodejs npm jq
yum install nodejs npm jq
npm install gamedig -g
Remember to update your server.
- Added new server Rising World #470
- Added new server ET: Legacy #1164
- Added support for node-gamedig
- Updated Factorio to glibc 2.18 #1867
- TeamSpeak 3 now has a query monitor.
- Changed apt-get to apt
- Changed many sleep timers from 1 second to 0.5 to speed up LinuxGSM
- Fix for issue #1784 Tmux closing wrong session
- Fixed dependency requirements for CoD 2 and CoD:UO #1866
- Discord now uses external IP over standard IP #1664
- Code tidy/improvements with guidance from Shellcheck
- Added development command query-raw
- Added development command clear-functions
- Added development log dev-debug-function-order.log
- Added fctrserver to Travis CI tests
- Updates to GitHub Issues; Added bots and updated templated
- Fixed waffle.io button no longer working
- Corrected Query Port for UT3 (Query Port does not work btw)
If you are a fan of LinuxGSM you can support via PayPal or Patreon. Thank you for your continued support!
Been a busy weekend of releasing new updates. Some of you will be pleased to hear that Battalion 1944 server has been created thanks to @marvinlehmann. The HL mod Base Defense has also been released thanks to @hurdad. For Garry’s Mod users the PAC3 Mod has been added to the mods installer, thanks @UltimateByte. There are the also usual bug fixes and code improvements. Enjoy!
- Release: Battalion 1944 @marvinlehmann
- Release: Base Defense @hurdad
- Improved: Travis CI
Builds now parallel halving test time
Shellcheck test added
now shows the which function files are called
- Updated domain to linuxgsm.com
- Rust: Improvements to handling of salt @UltimateByte
- Removed the
which command for checking commands exist (only using
- Various code improvements
- Added unreal4 engine to gsquery
- Added PAC3 mod for Garry’s Mod @UltimateByte
Stationeers is the latest server to be released with LinuxGSM support thanks to FliesWithWind. Along with the new release there are a few bug fixes. You may of noticed fewer releases recently as I have been away for the past few months. However I am back now so new servers releases will be more frequent again.
- Release: Stationeers
- Fixed: gsquery idtech query bug #1753
- changed files domain to linuxgsm.com 80c7e0e
- Minecraft: changed udp to tcp #1730
- Killing Floor 2: gamemode now configurable #1782
- Teamspeak 3: Can now use json updated if jq is installed ada3909
Welcome to the updated LinuxGSM website with new domain linuxgsm.com.
- Changes include:
- Updated streamlined design
- New domain linuxgsm.com
- New merchandise shop from redbubble
- Various page updates
As you can see there is now a news section and all updates will be posted here instead of the steam group.