A new release of LinuxGSM introduces Post Scriptum as the latest server addition.
- New Server: Post Scriptum #1911
- Details will now list if the server is on the steam master server #1847 (where applicable)
- Added option to disable ANSI colours
- Fix #1949
- Rust: refactor of wipe command
- Rust: Added wipeall command #1830
- Details will no longer exit if IP is not set
- Gmod: Removed +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 as no longer required #1846
- Added jq to minecraft requirements
- Non-English locale in Arch Linux #1970
- Issues Bots Added – Bots have been added to assist with issue management.
- Lock-Threads Bot – Closed issues that are inactive for 1 year are locked.
- No-Response Bot – Issues labelled “waiting response” will be closed after being inactive for 30 days.
- Potential Duplicate Bot – Identifies if an issue is a possible duplicate.
- Request Info Bot – Issues labeled “needs more info” will give a link to the support guide.
- Wrong Forum Bot – If issue is labeled “wrong forum” it is closed and message pointing to the support page is displayed.
- Welcome Bot – A welcome message for first time posters
- Telegram proxy settings added useful for countries like Russia where Telegram is blocked #1901
- New Server: Eco
- New Server: BrainBread
- New Server: Natural Selection
- New Server: Vampire Slayer
- Fixed: Missing Discord alert icon
- Fixed: Major cleaning of tmux handling 01919f2#diff-48450d6989748f731105ccb82bdcf9e6
- Fixed: post-details not updating info after first use
- Fixed: post-details displaying api and gslt info
- Fixed: Standardised the steam workshop variable names
- New Mods added to mods-list
- Fixed: gamedig no longer decides the query port (LinuxGSM decides)
- Update: sourcemod to version 1.9
- Update: Check dependencies added mono and improved code
- Fixed: #1779 Cannot find python dependency when python is installed.
- Fixed: Added Serious Sam 3 Fix https://steamcommunity.com/app/41070/discussions/0/353916981477716386/
- Update: Changed to how RAM is displayed in details
- Update: Improved distro detection
- Fixed: Various bug fixes
- Fixed: Added nogui to minecraft params
- Update: now using linuxgsm.sh domain to download LinuxGSM script
LinuxGSM now supports node-gamedig query tool.
This allows live info to be added to details such as players, current map and bots. node-gamedig can also be used with monitor instead of gsquery.
node-gamedig is currently optional and not required to run LinuxGSM.
We will be looking at further uses for node-gamedig in the future.
to install you need to install Node.js 6.0 or higher and jq.
apt install nodejs npm jq
yum install nodejs npm jq
npm install gamedig -g
Remember to update your server.
- Added new server Rising World #470
- Added new server ET: Legacy #1164
- Added support for node-gamedig
- Updated Factorio to glibc 2.18 #1867
- TeamSpeak 3 now has a query monitor.
- Changed apt-get to apt
- Changed many sleep timers from 1 second to 0.5 to speed up LinuxGSM
- Fix for issue #1784 Tmux closing wrong session
- Fixed dependency requirements for CoD 2 and CoD:UO #1866
- Discord now uses external IP over standard IP #1664
- Code tidy/improvements with guidance from Shellcheck
- Added development command query-raw
- Added development command clear-functions
- Added development log dev-debug-function-order.log
- Added fctrserver to Travis CI tests
- Updates to GitHub Issues; Added bots and updated templated
- Fixed waffle.io button no longer working
- Corrected Query Port for UT3 (Query Port does not work btw)
If you are a fan of LinuxGSM you can support via PayPal or Patreon. Thank you for your continued support!
Been a busy weekend of releasing new updates. Some of you will be pleased to hear that Battalion 1944 server has been created thanks to @marvinlehmann. The HL mod Base Defense has also been released thanks to @hurdad. For Garry’s Mod users the PAC3 Mod has been added to the mods installer, thanks @UltimateByte. There are the also usual bug fixes and code improvements. Enjoy!
- Release: Battalion 1944 @marvinlehmann
- Release: Base Defense @hurdad
- Improved: Travis CI
Builds now parallel halving test time
Shellcheck test added
now shows the which function files are called
- Updated domain to linuxgsm.com
- Rust: Improvements to handling of salt @UltimateByte
- Removed the
which command for checking commands exist (only using
- Various code improvements
- Added unreal4 engine to gsquery
- Added PAC3 mod for Garry’s Mod @UltimateByte
Stationeers is the latest server to be released with LinuxGSM support thanks to FliesWithWind. Along with the new release there are a few bug fixes. You may of noticed fewer releases recently as I have been away for the past few months. However I am back now so new servers releases will be more frequent again.
- Release: Stationeers
- Fixed: gsquery idtech query bug #1753
- changed files domain to linuxgsm.com 80c7e0e
- Minecraft: changed udp to tcp #1730
- Killing Floor 2: gamemode now configurable #1782
- Teamspeak 3: Can now use json updated if jq is installed ada3909