In this hotfix, there are several fixes for Rust primarily around the wipe command and random seed. This was meant to be a small change that turned in to a significant refactor of the wipe command.
The wipe commands are now the following.
The old names doe still apply so no changes to your cronjobs are required.
I have also fixed a few image related issues with Rust and discord.
🎉 New Features
- mcb: gamedig is now supported (#3389)
- etl: update ET: Legacy to 2.77.1 (#3417)
- wipe: resolve random seed and simplify wipe (#3420)
🐛 Bug Fixes
- arma3: increase glibc requirement to 2.27 (#3408)
- alert: correct discord avatar from png to jpg (#3410)
- rust: increase rust query delay (#3412)
- rust: resolve rust seed not loading to server (#3407)
🐛 Bug Fixes
core: fix start paramerter reloading (#3380)
config: parms setting will work again if present in configs (#3381)
valheim: disable queryport if public is set to 0 (#3374)
start: revert commit removing quotes from tmux
🐛 Bug Fixes
vhserver: revert “add escaped quotes to Valheim startparams to account for spaces (#3272)” (#3370)
ts3: regression from #3283 (#3369)
This release sees the new addition of PaperMC and Waterfall popular forks of Minecraft server. I completed some research on Minecraft to get my head around the difference between mods and plugins as part of this. Patch updates for ET:Legacy and Unreal 99 also added. For supported games, the send command has been added that allows you to send commands to the console without needing to enter the console. A couple of fixes for Valheim based on feedback and 60% of game servers on LInuxGSM are Valheim. A security fix now applied to prevent server join passwords showing on post-details.
🎉 New Features
- install: add support for PopOS! dependency checks (#3274)
- ark: updated default map comment (#3285)
- core_dl: add more hashing methods (#3280)
- alert: add an option to use a reverse proxied Telegram API server (#3228)
- send: new command send (#3288)
- newserver: add PaperMC Server and Waterfall (#3292)
- ut99: update to 469b (#3364)
- etl: update ET: Legacy to 2.77 (#3363)
- rust: add option to set gamemode for server (#3343)
🐛 Bug Fixes
- mods: update Metamod:Source stable version (#3227)
- vh: Add support for changing savedir in valheim (#3266)
- core: add execution of check_ip before the config init (#3289)
- vh: add escaped quotes to Valheim startparams to account for spaces (#3272)
- ts3: correct arch var in if statement (#3283)
- ts3: add fix to detect accounting file and delete if possible (#3204)
- ut2k4: deprecate dependencies for ut2k4 and ut99 (#3309)
- info: get most recent backup instead of oldest (#3319)
- post-details: prevent password showing in start parameters (#3315)
- start: remove double quote from tmux (#3333)
- backup: force $lastbackup to use latest backup (#3328)
- config: resolves issue with settings not always picked up in start parameter (#3320)
- deps: add detection for lxc container add hostname dependency (#3350)
- details: fix to show last backup (#3348)
- fastdl: add missing file extention vmt and vtf (#3349)
- startparameters set instead of parms and call function to eval parms once (#3340)
- regression from #3328 for tmux version (#3342)
- revert part of #3280 to fix upgrade (#3341)
I have completed a special release of LinuxGSM to add Valheim to the list of supported servers. This is because Valheim has just been released as early access and have been getting requests for it. Since a LinuxGSM release is around once a month I thought it was a good idea to do this.
? New Features
- newserver : Valheim (#3212)
? Bug Fixes
- backup: resolve issues with lockfile check and creation (#3214)
Hello everyone, LinuxGSM continues to grow and improve all the time.
Over the past few months, I have seen steady growth in engagement from people both trying out LinuxGSM for the first time and existing users helping out on discord.
Looking at the stats it appears that there has been a sharp uptake of Rust servers meaning it is now the #1 most popular game server on LinuxGSM, overtaking ARK and CS:GO. All stats can be viewed on the website.
With the recent addition of discussions to GitHub I decided to lock both the forum and the steam group in favour of keeping things together on GitHub rather than using several services. So if you have any non-development related questions please check out discussions (or discord).
This release sees some awesome new features and 3 game servers added, Vintage Story, Colony Survival and SCP: Secret Laboratory. New secret configs that allow you to separate and exclude sensitive info from other configs.
check-update command that will simply inform you that an update is available and not apply the update. This is useful for some servers that have to wait for mods before updating.
An annoyance within LinuxGSM configs that meant the start parameters were kept in a function
fn_parms has now been resolved. You will now see start parameters within
_default.cfg simply listed as
startparameters="". Backwards compatibility should mean custom settings should continue to work. Work also continues to migrate settings into _default.cfg making it easier to release new game servers.
There are plenty of bug fixes as well, with a big fix for Minecraft users allowing java ram to be correctly allocated. Rust users have further fixes applied to the wipe command.
For the full list of changes please check out the changelog below.
GitHub sponsors matching has now ended so I wanted to thank everyone who has (and continues) sponsored me over the past year (especially as it has been tough year for many). All sponsors will be messaged soon about the general plans and direction for 2021.
If you are a fan of LinuxGSM and want to sponsor me please check out the sponsor page. If you use PayPal, people often leave me a message which I always enjoy reading. It is always great to hear how you are using LinuxGSM with your Clan or Community.
? New Features
- config: add secrets config to store sensitive settings (#3080) by @dgibbs64
- newserver: Colony Survival (#3075) by @h3o66
- skeleton: New command skeleton (#3152) by @dgibbs64
- check-update: add new command check-update for steamcmd game servers (#3146) by @h3o66
- refactor check_config removing some game specific code (#3160) by @dgibbs64
- newserver: Vintage Story (#3156) by @h3o66
- newserver: SCP: Secret Laboratory (#3163) by @h3o66
- dev: add libc++.so.1 for dependency detection (#3181) by @h3o66
- steamcmd: set platformtype for steamcmd in the default config for the game server (#3167) by @h3o66
- improved start parameters system (#3151) by @h3o66
- arma3: change binary to 64bit by @h3o66
? Bug Fixes
- stop: stop will clear tmux text before entering stop command (#3142) by @unknowntrojan
- update: redo steamcmd update part for new behavoir (#3139) by @h3o66
- bmdm: add missing dependency ncurses libs (#3138) by @h3o66
- minecraft: fix java ram assignment (#3147) by @h3o66
- steamcmd: retries are not honoured if install succeeds (#3155)
- gmod: update link for wiki page (#3165) by @h3o66
- steamcmd: fix branch switch (#3168) by @h3o66
- rust: server config text change for rcon (#3175) by @h3o66
- steamcmd: remove unused parameter (#3170) by @h3o66
- rust: wipe command does not wipe all sav files (#3183) by @h3o66
- pvr: add new dependency (#3180) by @h3o66
- inss: fix config to only use parameter (#3179) by @h3o66
- steamcmd: fix update on start not starting the server (#3169) by @h3o66
- steamcmd: add dependency SDL 32bit for debian and ubuntu (#3186) by @h3o66
- stop: change csgoserver stop mode (#3171) by @h3o66
- ut2k4server: better parsing of the serverconfig (#3192) by @h3o66
- wipe: resolve random seed not working (#3190) by @h3o66
- core: add new functions for github releases (#3164) by @h3o66
- alert: cleanup and remove unused variables (#3195) by @h3o66
- backup: fix backup not correctly exiting on cancelling backup (#3197) vt @dgibbs64
- standardise and refactor comment headers (#3198) by @dgibbs64
- install: fix menu missing first server off list (#3196) by @dgibbs64
- review and tidy up of various _default.cfg files by @dgibbs64
- update: non-steam updates to not always require restarting if stopped by @dgibbs64