This new release added two new servers Assetto Corsa and Avorion and a bunch of new features, fixes and improvements.
For people who have multi-instance servers, all server instances will now reboot after an update. This works by monitor noticing that the server instance has not been rebooted since the previous update and automatically rebooting the instance.
For Soldat players, you may have noticed that it is now hosted on Steam, including the game server. With the assistance of one of the Soldat developers, I migrated the server to SteamCMD and added query functionality.
Further improvements to how SteamCMD functions have been completed. I had to do some research and get help from a Debian maintainer. The improvement standardized the install locations of SteamCMD to place it in the directories that are recommended by Valve. Now no matter the install method for SteamCMD it will always be in the same location.
I would also like to thank GameserverApp for becoming a LinuxGSM partner. GameserverApp uses LinuxGSM to deploy there Linux servers. Their products compliment LinuxGSM well by adding web-based RCON capability to supported game servers and various community tools to manage game servers. I will be working with Max (owner of GameserverApp) over the coming months to see how his products can best help LinuxGSM users. If you want to test out GameserverApp you can connect 5 of your LinuxGSM servers for free.
? New Features
- update: multi instance servers will reboot automatically on update (#2800) (ed536ea) by Daniel Gibbs
- steamcmd: move steamcmd dir to standard location (#2822) (8f14f97) by Daniel Gibbs
- solserver: migrate to steamcmd and improve monitor (#2829) (f355275) by Daniel Gibbs
- newserver: Assetto Corsa (#2830) (f0729fc) by Daniel Gibbs
- newserver: Avorion (#2476) (2f9800e) by Christian
? Bug Fixes
- correct error with fn_print_error_eol_nl (17efcab) by Daniel Gibbs
- ts3server: improve ts3 ip parsing (#2789) (fed59c9) by GrillGuth
- messages: improvements to messaging (#2792) (a3e1b53) by Daniel Gibbs
- correct and standardise name of goldsrc engine (#2803) (25cfd3b) by Daniel Gibbs
- alert: resolve bug with telegram curlcustomstring error (147057e) by RuioWolf
- validate: resolve validate not functioning for non branch (#2802) (390fc23) by Daniel Gibbs
- roserver: fix bug in _default.cfg (#2813) (3674dd5) by Christian
- correct and standardise name of goldsrc engine (#2814) (773812a) by Daniel Gibbs
- install: will not use apt steamcmd package if ubuntu 14.04 (#2820) (b30b36f) by Daniel Gibbs
- logs: resolve modulename not showing in logs (#2818) (f76cd6b) by Daniel Gibbs
- bug: gamedig not using the correct JSON object (#2821) (7a38c17) by Jimmy Maple
- travis: add various fixes to travis tests (#2827) (b88f8d2) by Daniel Gibbs
- ss3server: resolve ss3 dependency issues (#2823) (b194aeb) by Daniel Gibbs